Granite House offers specialized services to our residents, such as: sensory stimulation, fresh air on the porch, reading time, music therapy, massage therapy, and weight-bearing exercises as ordered by physicians or physical and occupational therapists.
Three homemade meals are prepared for those who take food by mouth.
Lower Level Activity/Therapy Room, a bright, cheerful place with room for exercise and stimulation
• Raised mat table, 48” x 96”
• Ceiling lift for transfers to and from wheelchair
• Location for additional resident- owned equipment such as standers or tilt-tables for weight bearing therapy
Tiled walls, heated floor, warm air and the residents’ favorite shampoos!
• Ceiling lift, raised changing table
• Tiled roll-in shower
• 72” Sani-Jet pipeless hydrotherapy tub coming soon, with six jets of warm water to ease tight muscles, promote range of motion, and relaxation
Physical and Occupational Therapy is initiated by a physician-ordered plan and visiting therapists who train the staff to continue treatments.
• Passive range of motion for knees, hips, shoulders, and hands
• Weight-bearing exercise to maintain positive bone density
A certified music therapist from Twin Cities Music Therapy comes to Granite House twice a month to provide group music therapy to all residents. We have a Reverie Harp, a Q-Chord and an ocean drum, all gifts from our donors.
• Goals: to provide a pleasurable cognitive stimulation and leisure experience
• Increase movement, awareness of body, and environment
• Increase social interaction and awareness of others
Regular sessions by Denise Hamp of Capitol Touch Massage are available on the premises of Granite House.
• Goal is to assist with comfort and relaxation and provide feelings of caring and connection
• Massage can relieve pain and muscle tension, increase circulation
• Massage may provide a benefit for contracted muscles
All the residents, staff and visitors love animals!
Some staff members have dogs who stop by, and we have had visits from Horse Hugs with mini horses and soft bunnies.
The staff love to take the residents to places for sensory stimulation.
At home, we use our sensory buckets -for one-on--one engagements with objects that are soft, scratchy, smelly or have interesting sounds or tastes. Each person can express likes and dislikes, engaging in pleasurable experiences.
Bluestone Physicians provides regular on-site primary care to the residents. The Bluestone staff comes once a month for care reviews and checkups. Families are welcome to attend and ask questions. Medications are delivered by Merwin Pharmacy and on-site X-rays are provided by PPX.