Granite House offers specialized services to our residents, such as: sensory stimulation, fresh air on the porch, reading time, music therapy, massage therapy, and weight-bearing exercises as ordered by physicians or physical and occupational therapists.
Three homemade meals are prepared for those who take food by mouth.
Lower Level Activity/Therapy Room, a bright, cheerful place with room for exercise and stimulation
• Raised mat table, 48” x 96”
• Ceiling lift for transfers to and from wheelchair
• Location for additional resident- owned equipment such as standers or tilt-tables for weight bearing therapy
Tiled walls, heated floor, warm air and the residents’ favorite shampoos!
• Ceiling lift, raised changing table
• Tiled roll-in shower
• 72” Sani-Jet pipeless hydrotherapy tub coming soon, with six jets of warm water to ease tight muscles, promote range of motion, and relaxation
Physical and Occupational Therapy is initiated by a physician-ordered plan and visiting therapists from Home Care, Inc, who train the staff to continue treatments.
• Passive range of motion for knees, hips, shoulders, and hands
• Weight-bearing exercise to maintain positive bone density
Julie Osmondson, a certifed music therapist from Singing Heart, comes to Granite House twice a month and provide group music therapy to all residents. We have a Reverie Harp, a Q-Chord and an ocean drum, all gifts from our donors.
• Goals: to provide a pleasurable cognitive stimulation and leisure experience
• Increase movement, awareness of body, and environment
• Increase social interaction and awareness of others
Regular sessions by Denise Hamp of Capitol Touch Massage are available on the premises of Granite House.
• Goal is to assist with comfort and relaxation
• Deep tissue and myofascial release for dystonia and spasticity
All the residents, staff and visitors love seeing Archie, who comes with Anna at least once a week. Professional pet therapy has also come out to interact with the residents.
The staff have buckets of sensory tools to stimulate the five senses —touch, smell, taste, sight, and sound. With one-on-one interactive lessons, each resident is able to express likes, dislikes, and engage in pleasurable experiences.
Bluestone Physicians provides regular on-site primary care to the residents. Dr. Heather Pett-Taylor comes once a month for care reviews and checkups. Families are welcome to attend and ask questions. Medications are delivered by Merwin Pharmacy and on-site X-rays are provided by PPX.