Granite House offers specialized services to our residents, such as: sensory stimulation, fresh air on the porch, reading time, music therapy, massage therapy, and weight-bearing exercise.
Three homemade meals are prepared for those who take food by mouth.
Granite House was built with features just for our residents and staff
• Large, private bedrooms with ceiling lifts and adjustable lighting
• Built-in maple cabinet storage to maximize floor space
• Easy wheelchair access with wide doorways and zero clearance entries
• Heated floors, elevator, backup generator, and fire suppression system
Tiled walls, heated floor, warm air and the residents’ favorite toiletries!
• Ceiling lift and safe shower chairs,
• Adjustable raised changing table
• Tiled roll-in shower
• 72” Sani-Jet pipeless hydrotherapy tub with six jets of warm water to promote range of motion and relaxation
Physical and Occupational Therapy is initiated by a physician-ordered plan and visiting therapists who train the staff to continue treatments.
• Passive range of motion for knees, hips, shoulders, and hands
• Weight-bearing exercise to maintain positive bone density
A bright, cheerful place for passive therapy, stimulation and family gatherings
• Room for resident- owned standers or tilt-tables for weight bearing therapy
• Raised mat table, 48” x 96”
• Ceiling lift for transfers to and from wheelchair
• Big-screen TV, recliners for family gatherings and celebrations
A certified music therapist comes to Granite House twice a month to provide group music therapy
We have a Reverie Harp, a Q-Chord and an ocean drum, gifts from our donors.
• Provides a pleasurable cognitive stimulation and leisure experience
• Increase movement, awareness of body, and environment
Denise Hamp, Capitol Touch massage comes twice a month for residents
• Goal is to assist with comfort and relaxation and provide feelings of caring and connection
• Massage can relieve pain and muscle tension, increase circulation
• Massage may provide a benefit for contracted muscles
The staff love to take the residents to places for sensory stimulation.
• At home, we use our sensory buckets -for one-on--one engagements with objects that are soft, scratchy, smelly or have interesting sounds or tastes.
• We have dogs who come with staff members, and we enjoy visits from Horse Hugs with mini horses and soft angora rabbits.
Bluestone Physicians and our staff nurse provide regular on-site care
• The Bluestone staff comes once a month for care reviews and checkups. Families are welcome to attend.
• Nursing Director is on site 2-4 days a week & on-call 24/7 for resident needs.
•Medications are delivered by Merwin Pharmacy and on-site X-rays are provided by PPX.